July 11, 2009

Eliza Jeanne









We would like to announce the birth of our new little girl!!

Eliza Jeanne
Born July 9, 2009
8 pounds 3 ounces
22 1/2 inches long

I had hit my week over due mark and had an induction scheduled. They were a little bit more reserved to have an induction for me since I was going to try and have a VBAC( Vaginal Birth after C-section). I was then sceduled to go into the hospital wednesday, July 8 around 7:30 p.m. I loved it!! It is so fun showing up at the hospital, receiving your wrist band and knowing that you are going to leave with a new baby. Everything was wonderful, I love the University of Michigan Hospital. I labored all night and into the day. As I dilated more and more I kept thinking to my self, "hey, I am really going to have a vaginal delivery. They aren't going to stop me. Yes!" I was very excited to make it to the pushing stage, a stage I never made it to for Aeden since he was a c-section. So I was happily entering new territory with this experience. I pushed for an hour, which was really hard. I had no idea that it was going to be that hard and painful!! But with Ben's help, I made it though and our little Eliza was born at 3:11 in the afternoon. It was a beautiful experience to hold her immediately, especially since it took them 45 minutes to stitch up my 3rd degree tear. The doctor said that he had never seen a child come out with BOTH SHOULDERS at the SAME TIME!!! Yes, it was pretty painful but Eliza was worth every stitch. Thank you so much to my mom who was able to watch and spoil Aeden while we were in the hospital.

13 comments:

jonelle said...

She is beautiful. I am so glad that everything went well with the VBAC. I can't wait to meet her. I bet Aiden is a great big brother!

marti said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful and precious.

Darlene Anderson said...

I'm thrilled you had your vbac and delivered a healthy, beautiful little Eliza. Ouch to the 3rd degree tear and cheers to a quick recovery! I'm so anxious to see you all again and hold and kiss your little ones.

Abbi Andersen said...

I am so glad you worked so hard to get her here! She is so beautiful, I can't wait to meet her. Hope you heal fast and see you soon! Love you.

Sheila said...

OH MY GOSH TELIA!!! I am SO Proud of you!!! VBAC?!?! AMAZING! I always hear girls who want to do them and then how it never works out!! WAHOOO! She looks sooo beautiful!! oh man, she's here, you are FOUR NOW!! YAY!!! You're amazing T--seriously, congrats, I couldn't be happier for anyone!! LOVE YOU!!!

Megan and Jeremy said...

I love happy birth stories :) It was so great to meet Eliza Jeanne in person and I'm totally planning on holding her next Sunday too!

Heidi Miller said...

She is so pretty and I love her name! My niece is Eliza Jane and is one of the most wonderful girls I know and she is now 16, so that is saying something. :) Way to go on the vbac. And was it natural? No drugs? You said it hurt, so just wondering. :)

Shannon & Summer said...

What a pretty baby! I am so excited for you!! Congratulations! I hope you are able to heal and recover well!

The Opdahl's said...

She is perfect! Congrats.

Kari said...

Congratulations Telia! She is beautiful!! Hope you are recovering quickly and enjoying your sweet little girl!!

Elizabeth said...

Way to go!! That was such a great story, I'm glad everything went well with her birth. Sure hope you are recovering well from that. Can't wait to meet her! Congratulations!

Laurie Wilcox said...

She is gorgeous! I am so happy for you guys! I only wish I could see her in person... Maybe we will cross paths some day in colorado... that would be awesome. Telia, way to go on the delivery! That is such a blessing that everything went well and you have a sweet healthy little angel. I hope you've been recovering well. Have a super fourth year of dental school! The end (or should I say the beginning?!) is closer than you think!

haleyhorrocks said...

Telia, I came back to read this post again, because I can't belive you tore so much! But, you're right--not matter how they get here, they are worth it. Eliza is beautiful, and you look great! Hope recovery is going well. I thought Jesse and I posted a comment earlier, but I guess not....