July 25, 2010

Pioneers, Chicks and a Rattlesnake

Lots is going on in the country. Long story short, we went to pioneer days, El Morro, got some chicks and killed a rattlesnake. We went to a restaurant in Gallup and had the best chile relleno of my life. Ever. Also, Telia finally converted to Family Dollarism.
The top of El Morro

 Our back yard after the rain


Western (Prairie) Rattlesnake (DEAD)
Rattles = six
The strangest looking spider I've ever seen. In my house. Ew.
Nephew Eli at El Morro
Late night Settlers with Art and Sierra. Where's Jed?


Our new chick(en)s: We don't know what kind they are.

This sister is with the band at pioneer days.


Hot prairie mama

Too cute.
Aeden hanging out with some chicks

9 comments:

Darlene Anderson said...

Fabulous Storm, gross snake, impressive woman, gorgeous Telia, adorable baby girl, low-maintenance pets, free-spirited Aeden.....I love New Mexico.....and your little ranch on the range. Happiness abounds!!

Darlene Anderson said...

I think all of the pictures are awesome and it looks like you are having a wonderful adventure. I look forward to seeing NM for myself. This is Dad speaking not mom.

Brooke Trogdon said...

Apparently I showed the spider picture to Joe and he said it's a Camel spider and he's not really sure if it is actually in the spider species, but it looks enough like it, people call it one. Beautiful images and gross pics. Glad you are enjoying yourselves, because I SURE could not do it with those creepy crawly things. OHHHH and I almost forgot. Camel spiders are VERY aggressive. They will run and attack you for no reason at all. Just thought I'd share that too. Good luck!

Mike and Amie said...

Please explain "family dollarism"? Miss you all!

Unknown said...

Miss you guys! Glad you are enjoying the southwestern living. They are lucky to have you guys!

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

"Family Dollarism" is the faith and hope that you can probably find what you need for less at Family Dollar. It is based on the tenets of simple living and anti-snobbery. It is closely related to "Dollar Generalism."

sierra said...

Telia you are so beautiful and fun and funny! We love you guys and miss you already. Seriously we need to live closer! Thanks for great times together.

Curt and Naomi said...

I appreciate the game played. Remember way back when, when we may have introduced this wondrous game to you? Or maybe you had played a time or two and needed re-freshening?

Curt and Naomi said...

Nevermind, it was another game I'm thinking of. Great times though- miss you!