July 27, 2008

Sparklers and Slugglers


Sparklers and Slugglers? Can any one guess. These are the names that we can up with for the different types of fireflies. Here in Michigan, we have the slugglers. The flies have a long slow light that normally gradually fades off and last a little over a second. Beautiful and love them. However, when we were down in Indiana, visiting a friend, Taryn, we noticed that she had both types of fireflies. The sparklers and Slugglers. Some flies would have a longer light, and some would be very sort, very fast. Enjoying these little bugs, I love watching them come out as they light up the darkness wherever they go.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey....It's Lindsey from church. I came across your cute blog and just wanted to say Hi! Hope to go running with ya soon!

Anna said...

Whoa! Did you take that picture? It's gorgeous. I've never seen anything like it before.

Shannon & Summer said...

Those fireflies look unreal to me - I have always wanted to see those in real life! How cool!

And, your baby is so dang cute! I can't believe you are a mom - I love to picture it!

Unknown said...

I still find them here and make sure that everyone knows their REAL names.
That was so fun! I miss you.