July 29, 2008

4 Month Check up


I think that I worry to much. Always before Aeden goes in to the doctor, I always worry that he is not getting enough, that he is starving to death, and has croup and is going to die from his shots. Course, none of this is ever true, just the paranoid mother, the new mother worries. So we went to the doctor to find out that everything is fine. Well better than fine.

I was curious to know his weight, thinking he wasn't getting enough, that he might still be hungry and if I should start supplementing with formula, rice cereal...etc. We put him on the scale to read 19.5 pounds!! Wow, I thought that he was getting heavier! Now he is entering into the 95% for height and weight. The nurse was very impressed and that mothers milk was cream. Relieved and ecstatic about his weight, I began to worry about the shots. Having such huge thighs, the nurse was not really concerned for Aeden. After his first one, he wined a little but then was distracted by the twirling dolphin hanging from the ceiling. The last shot seemed to hurt him the worst, but I quickly took him to the nursing room where he calmed down almost immediately. I could not believe it. The doctors appointment that I had been so worried about, so anxious, was over! It was a wonderful visit. Thank you Aeden for being such a good big healthy boy, and Liberty Pediatrics. We love them.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Liberty Peds is the best!!! But, I do have to say that Aeden is a pretty darn good baby. Glad it is all over with for you.

Darlene Anderson said...

What a relief to know you're little one is big and healthy; you don't have to worry about him being underfed and starving. The 95th percentile!!! Wow, there's a formula to predict his final height by his present length....I forget what the formula is but it was right on for Erik. Erik was also in the 90th percentile and the doc predicted he'd be at least 6 ft and guess what, he is. Kinda fun to check out.

Good job Mommy and Daddy.

Ann-Marie Photography said...

aren't fat kids just the best. I think so. You should let me do some cute pictures in all his chubbiness (especially the thighs) We'll have to get together when I get back and do it :0) I'm glad the dr. went well...and welcome to the fat baby club :0)

jhorrocks said...

If Aeden has rolls and a buddha belly, he probably isn't underfed. He's perfect.

Brooke said...

He is growing up so much! And such a doll. He has to be one of my favorite boy babies.

Shanda said...

I'm so glad his appointment went well, I always HATE shot days. I'm glad he's so healthy! Your little family is so cute :)

Mandy said...

Hi Telia! Aeden is so big! How adorable is he! I love all the pictures!