May 10, 2008

Cardinals


Today Aeden and I saw a Cardinal. We were coming back from a friends home where we had a delicious breakfast. As we were making our way back home, enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather, my eye quickly caught a glimpse of a bird flying across the road. It caught my eye because of the amazing color, Tomato Red. As I looked more closely, it was a Cardinal, just beautiful! The Cardinal played in the near by branches and sang as he flew from branch to branch. Unaware that his audience was in awe of his presence. It was a wonderful day.
I have now only seen 4 Cardinals in Michigan and can remember every spotting, perfectly. These birds are our favorite.

5 comments:

The Hockmans said...

You are ever so lovely Telia, I just miss that. You make me want to be a better mother, Thanks for always inspiring me in your tender moments and simple pleasures. Happy Mothers Day!

Unknown said...

Yummmm, Yummmmm, Cardinals make for some good eating.Dad Stout

Unknown said...

Yumm, Yumm, Cardinals make for some gooood eating. Dad Stout

Unknown said...

They are the best right? I love seeing them. They are all over the place here. Now I just can't wait for the fireflies to come back and life will be perfect.

haleyhorrocks said...

I love Cardinals, too! We didn't have them in Washington (not that I saw, anyways), but we have a ton out here in MD. I love how they take me by surprise every time--I don't notice them until they swoop in front of me, and then I can't understand how they got so close without me noticing.